Playing poker online is getting more and more popular. Of all different types of the game, Texas Holdem poker is definitely the most spread one, offering players many ways to win.
Best Online Casinos To Play Texas Holdem in
|1||Read Review|| 100% Match Deposit|
Up To $500
|2||Read Review||Up To $1500||Visit|
|3||Read Review||Up To ₦100,000||Visit|
|4||Read Review|| 100% Match Deposit|
Up To ₦100,000 as a Free Bet
|5||Read Review||Up To 6 BTC +250 free Spins||Visit|
|6||Read Review||Up To 5 BTC||Visit|
|7||Read Review||Welcome Package up to ₦1,200,000 +300 Free Spins||Visit|
Texas Holdem poker for Nigerian casino sites is one of the most popular table games among punters. It is easy to learn and fun to play even with basic skills. In this article, you will learn texas Holdem basics, how to manoeuvre the game and turn the odds in your favor.
Why Is Texas Holdem A Popular Poker Variant
Texas Holdem poker games are undoubtedly one of the most favored ones in online casinos for various reasons. Here are some of them.
- The game involves playing with community cards and hole cards. You use these two to build up your hand. (Community cards are dealt at the center of the table, which increases the excitement).
- Texas Holdem is simple and straight to the point. Therefore, even beginners can learn and master it a lot faster than other poker variants.
- Adding to the thrill of Texas Holdem is the fact that you can read or foresee the hand of your opponents. If you are keen enough, you can predict what your opponent has in their hands.
- It can be a career as many have already done. Beginners find it hard to believe but there are actual pro poker players who play as a full-time job. Since Texas Holdem is the easiest to learn, it is usually the most common variant among professional poker players.
- You could be a star from playing Texas Hold Em. Once you perfect your skills, the next step is to join one of the many popular poker tournaments and win.
- Hold Em never has a dull moment and you will rarely be bored. It comes packed with thrill and blood pumping excitement. From sizing your bets to trying to read the opponents’ cards.
Rules of Play
Like all poker versions, Texas Hold em comes with its set of rules and laws. Mastering how to use these rules to your advantage will make you a better player.
Texas Holdem Betting Rules
Pre-flop is where most of the bluffing takes place, so do not be surprised when you hear your opponents making nerve-wracking statements at this stage. The Pre-flop takes place before the flop is dealt.
Pre-flop is so important that there is even a strategy for it. Making the right decisions during the pre-flop could put you a few steps ahead of your opponents, giving you a win in the long run.
Here is where the first three cards are dealt face-up on the board. This is done after the first round of betting has already taken place. Everyone at the table must use these cards to form the best hand possible. After the flop, the next betting round will be initiated by the first player to the dealers’ left.
There are things to consider in this stage to improve your chances of winning. For instance, your position on the table, the strength of your current hand & the winning potential. The pot size begins to increase at this point, so always pay attention.
The stage is also called the fourth street. Here, one community card is dealt, followed by a third betting round. If you are still in the hand, you will have six cards to choose from.
The river, also known as the fifth street, is the most infamous of community cards. The river is the final deal-breaker as it determines the winner. The history of the name is quite interesting.
Legend has it that the name ‘river’ originated in the 1800s when cheaters would deal a final community card to improve their own hand. Once caught, the cheaters would be thrown into the river.
The showdown takes place if the final betting round has already taken place but there is more than one player on the table still in a hand. The players still in hand can turn over and expose their cards in a clockwise motion. The first ones to expose their hands are either the last person to raise on the river or the players on the dealer’s left.
The dealer will discard losing hands until one winning hand is left. The dealer will push the pot to the winner and the game ends.
As the name suggests, there is no maximum limit to the amount you can bet. Always apply a no limit holdem strategy as you can place as much stake as you wish when the action is on you.
You are allowed to raise an amount equal to the size of the pot.
This means there is a limit to the amount of money you can raise.
Texas Holdem Poker Strategy and Tactics
- Play Texas Holdem during the weekend when there are more players.
- Remember to check the history of the game before you play Texas Holdem online.
- Notice the weakest players on the table and play against them using your favorite texas Holdem strategy.
- Practise in demo mode or play Texas Holdem poker offline before committing with real money.
- Avoid calling the big blind when you are the first to act. Instead, fold or raise.
- Play more hands when you are on button and fewer when you are out of position.
- Keep a journal of all your Texas Holdem tactics to see which ones work.
- Only play Texas Holdem for real money once you have grasped the basics.
Similar Games to Texas Holdem
- Omaha Holdem
- 3 card poker
- Casino poker
- No limit poker
Here are some common questions about Texas Holdem games and answers.
? What is the Best Hand in Poker?
The royal flush is the best hand and it consists of a king, queen, ace, jack and 10 of the same suit.
? Can I play without Downloading?
The best poker sites allow you to play directly from your browser, therefore without the need to download any software.
? What are poker odds?
When you suspect that your draw is the best hand, remember to compare the odds of hitting that hand to the odds of the pot.
♠️ Which is the best poker game?
No-limit Texas Hold’em is the best and most popular poker variant.
? What is the best poker room available in Nigeria?
There are many great Texas Hold’em poker online sites available to Nigerian gamblers. However, the most popular ones tend to be those with the biggest bonuses and or plentiful tournaments.